All throughout school, I hated the awkward icebreakers my teachers insisted the class do at the beginning of each year.
“But I don’t have a fun fact about myself,” I’d protest. “I’m not that interesting. The only things I can think of sharing are boring.”
None of these statements were true. Except for maybe the last part — I didn’t know how to separate the extraordinary from the ordinary.
Fast forward to now and while I still think icebreaker activities are equal parts awkward and humblebrag, I’ve learned that I’ve got lots of fun, interesting and extraordinary stories to share, both about myself and the world.
musicalpoem is a personal/lifestyle blog, which means that I write about all the things in my life that I learn from, am inspired by, or aspire to be. Everyone has a story, and this is where I share mine.
I’ve been blogging for a long time — the length of time where I have a ton of posts in my archives. Here are some of my more recent favorites:
- Dragon’s Chase, about moments in love
- Dying Wish, about my father’s death
- I’m Not Giving Up, and Neither Should You, about the 2016 U.S. presidential election
- Glacier Water, about my trip to Iceland
- The Joy of a Curated Closet, about figuring out my personal style
- Four Days, about the death of a high school classmate
- Travel Size, about falling in love
- Taipei Ghost, about ex-boyfriends and old places
- The 15 Best Books I Read in 2015, about a year of excellent reading
- Norwegian Dreaming, about family and heritage and travel
I’m a world traveler and am always dreaming about my next destination. My home city is Hong Kong, parts of my childhood were spent in Australia and Chicago, and I left a piece of my heart in Beijing. I’ve been to six out of the seven continents (Antarctica, I’m coming for you!) and am adamant that travel has the potential to change lives.
I prefer heels to flats, wine to beer, planes to trains, and cake to ice cream. I’m a firm believer that a girl can never own too many pairs of shoes, every country is worth exploring, and there’s a lipstick to suit every occasion. Life’s too short to read bad books, eat food you don’t like, and be scared of trying new things.
At the end of the day, the most important thing to know about me is that I’m an opinionated fast talker who loves to tell a good story. So stick around, and introduce yourself if you like. I’d love to get to know you!
All sponsored content or products are clearly marked with disclaimers and/or an asterisk (*). All monetary gains from advertising and sponsorship are used to cover the costs of running and maintaining this blog.